Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yearning


The shades playing in the sky,
A beautiful weave of hues;
The sun sinking slowly ,
The gentle breeze whisting a soft tune.

I look back at my trail,
My footprints etched in soil;
And hear my heart whisper,
If only your footprints could be beside mine...
How easy it would have made this toil.

The moon brushing its silver in the sky,
The scarlet of the sun receding,
If only your hands would gently slip into mine,
Everything would attain so much more meaning.

As I tilt my head to the vastness above,
A million shining stars catch my eye;
But still my heart craves to see a different light,
That lingering spark in your eyes...
When they were locked into mine.


2 comments:

  1. In this poem, the soul's yearning has been expressed amazingly well with lots of fresh images. All these images contribute life and dynamism to make this yearning quite sincere and honest.

    May God drive all your true yearnings/desires home, though I am unaware of the identity of the speaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your review uncle :)
      As far as the speaker is concerned even the writer cannot say at what point the real blends with the fiction in a poetry...

      Delete